Get Happy! Five Easy Tips: Part Two
Written by Nicole | March 13, 2011
1. Believe you can do it! I believe this is probably the most important tip to be truly happy. It’s too often that we get caught up worrying that we won’t succeed, that something is too hard, or out of reach. If you believe you’ll succeed, that will make you motivated, and you’ll have an opportunity to actually make it happen for yourself- since no one will do it for you. I’ve always remembered this inspiring quote by Tony Robbins: “What would you do if you wouldn’t fail?” So go after it!
2. Stay busy! It’s completely true that if you keep yourself occupied with to-do lists and things you are trying to accomplish, you’ll feel more fulfilled and therefore happier. So don’t complain about not having enough time, trust me that’s a good thing!
3. Don’t compare yourself! I know it’s hard to do and I’m guilty as well. It’s so easy to think- “I wish I had her hair,” or “she has a great boyfriend.” Trust me, that particular person also has insecurities. No one “has it all” even if it may appear so on the outside. God created you so unique and special- there’s only one of you. And think of this: other people probably “wish” they had your style or your great personality! You’ll feel much better once you just try to be the best you possible.
4. Identify a strategy to achieve your goals! It’s one thing to simply dream and ponder about what you want, it’s a whole other thing when you actually come up with a productive plan. In order to accomplish something you want, you need to come up with a step-by-step list of how to make it happen. I use a dry erase board to see which articles I have written for future days, so I’ll know which categories I need to focus on next. I also write my goals in my journal to keep me motivated!
5. Don’t trade in your morals for your goals! I often notice this with celebrities. Many of them put aside their beliefs in God as if it didn’t matter, promote sexually degrading material, and don’t care about the well-being of you. Many just want your money to feed on their own fame and narcissism. People who compromise what they believe in wind up dissatisfied with their own accomplishments anyway. So don’t be like them and stick up for God like Justin Bieber! 🙂
What’s your tip for being happy? I’m sure other readers would love to know!