Hello PI Girls! My recent Facebook post, “5 Traits to Look for in a Guy…From a Christian Guy,” sparked some great discussions on the topic. One of you asked me to write a follow-up post: What do guys look for in a Christian woman? Believe it or not, we guys exist! We pray, too, for a Christian woman to come into our lives.
So, what DO guys want in a Christian woman? Well, here are the five qualities that I looked for.
1. A woman who is seeking God more than anything else. Ladies, on the PI site, we post article after article about faith and putting your trust in God first and foremost. As a Christian guy, I want a girl who understands this as much as I do. You can’t be in a relationship unless this is the FIRST priority in your life.
2. A woman who is confident in herself. Guys like confidence as much as girls do. A girl shouldn’t have to wear super-revealing clothes or show off her body to impress a guy. If you’re a girl who thinks that will get attention, then you’re looking for the wrong kind of guy.
3. A woman with good character. Guys want a girl who bears the fruit of the Spirit. Your inner beauty means more to guys than pretty much anything. After all, Proverbs 31:10 says, “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.”
4. A woman who is passionate. Very few things mean more to a guy than you pursuing your passions. We love women who put their all into things and are not driven by emotions. We understand you’re emotional beings—we get that. However, there is a big difference between leading by emotion and leading by passion. When you lead by passion, that passion begins to go into other areas of your life, including a relationship.
5. A woman who is REAL. Trust me, ladies, this is a BIG one. It seems so many girls (and guys) have this online appearance and their offline alter ego. Let’s merge this into one. Guys want you to be genuine, to be yourself! Guys want to fall for that, not something you can’t truly live up to.
These are just five qualities that a Christian guy would love to have in a partner. These aren’t perfect, nor is this an exact science! This is simply to give you some insight into the mind of a good guy who wants your heart and wants to lead you closer to God.