Hey girls! Happy Earth Day!
Ladies, God has blessed us all with His many gifts. This earth itself is a wonderful gift that is full of amazing resources. We have trees that provide oxygen and produce timber for heat or furniture, soil that grows crops, grass that feeds the animals that we raise for meat or milk or fiber, water to drink, and so much more. The earth is also a beautiful place to enjoy and meditate upon.
The earth is a miracle that only our Lord God could have designed and then created. We are all so blessed to have this gift. And this is why we should all take care of it, nurture it and preserve it in all the ways that we can!
Here are five simple ways you can preserve God’s earth every day:
- Conserve water. In many places, water is abundant. In other places…not so much. Water is necessary for sustaining life. If you’re lucky enough to have a constant supply of water, appreciate that, but also conserve it. There are so many ways that we waste water on a regular basis, such as leaving the faucet running while we brush our teeth, using sprinklers excessively, washing clothes unnecessarily and so on. In addition to conserving water, consider recycling it also!
- Recycle. I know, I know, everyone recycles these days. Actually, they don’t. Many towns mandate recycling, but that still doesn’t mean people will follow the rule. If your town doesn’t recycle, find out how YOU can, and where you can deposit your recycled items. But it’s not just paper, plastic and glass that can be recycled. You can recycle clothes, shoes and even cell phones. Recycling also means reusing the things you have. For example, you can turn old, worn out t-shirts into dusters or cloths, or reuse shoe boxes for storage.
- Walk or ride your bike whenever possible. Save on gas and reduce air pollution, and at the same time, get a good workout and enjoy the outdoors! God’s earth is a beautiful place to enjoy.
- Conserve energy. This isn’t difficult to do. In fact, if you’re consistent, you can make it a habit. So turn off your lights, unplug appliances that you’re not using, and if at all possible, line dry clothes…oooh they smell so good!
- Make your own cleaning products. With just a few natural products like vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and baking soda, you can make your own cleaning products. This also saves money, so there’s an extra benefit!
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth…God saw all that He had made, and it was very good.” (Genesis 1:1, 31)
God is amazing, and so generous with His gift of this earth. He has allowed us to use it, take resources from it, farm on it, nourish our bodies with it and have fun with it. But in doing all of these things, we should not abuse God’s creation. We should not take advantage of it to the point of wasting it and destroying it. Instead, we should help preserve it, so that those who come after us can enjoy the abundant blessings that it offers.
Ladies, Earth Day is a great day to remember God’s creation, but we should not use this day alone to take care of His gift. Every day should be Earth Day, and we should constantly be looking for new ways to preserve it!
How do you help preserve God’s earth?