5 Things To Consider When You Start Dating
Written by Aysha Ives | October 3, 2011
Dating can be very fun but it can also be quite daunting at times. Here are five tips to consider when you start dating:
- Let your date meet your parents. Your parents are more likely to approve of your boyfriend if they know him. Although you may not believe that your parents really understand what’s going on in your world, remember that they were once your age. Your mom knows what it’s like to be a girl your age and your dad understands what it’s like to be a boy your age. Your parents love you and want what’s best for you! I’m sure that they’ll feel much better if they know who you’re dating.
- Try to date guys with common interests. It’s always fun to date someone who has the same taste in music and TV shows. Beyond that, common interests include values and lifestyle. To avoid being pressured into situations you don’t want to find yourself in, be sure that what’s important to you is important to your guy.
- Avoid temptation. The Bible tells you to “watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41) Of course you want to behave in a Godly fashion and avoid sex before you’re married. However, the Bible tells us that people sometimes become weak during moments of temptation. Dating can sometimes lead to unwanted sexual pressure. Therefore it’s probably a good idea to avoid spending a lot of time alone with your dates.
- Enjoy yourself! Be sure to have fun when you’re dating. Choose outings that are active and fun.
- Avoid committing too soon. Also, don’t commit to a relationship until you’re ready. If he cares about you, he’ll respect the boundaries that you establish.
Ladies, what are some tips that you’d like to share?