I was talking to a friend of mine who is a girl (yes, it does happen, a guy CAN be friends with a girl!) who told me how hard it is to find a “good guy” to date.
I asked her some questions about her current flame, to which she replied that he said he was a Christian. I asked more questions, and it turns out his view of Christianity only loosely meant “I believe that there is some type of God.” His view of Christianity was the worldly view and not what us followers of Christ know.
That got me wondering…what are some traits that really make a “Christian guy” a “good guy?” Well, ladies, this is what you SHOULD be looking for:
1. A man who is very much seeking God. Ladies, we say this so much at PI, but we mean it: Don’t date a guy who doesn’t love Jesus with all of his heart. It isn’t worth it. Also, don’t try to “change him”; let him figure that out on his own. Plant the seed if you must.
2. A man who will pursue you. If he really wants to be with you, he will make it known. If you are getting mixed signals, it’s safe to say he doesn’t know what he wants…back away!
3. A man who will respect your heart. This is a big one that I see a lot of girls fall into. A bad guy is after one thing—a physical relationship with you—and is not really interested in anything long-term. Seek a man who wants to know YOU.
4. A man who will challenge you. This one is pretty big to me. Wouldn’t you want a guy who is there for you when you need to be pushed? So many of these “bad guys” won’t be around to be there, and that’s not cool.
5. A man who will LISTEN to you. Seriously, we exist…find that guy who will listen to you when you’re at your lowest. Find that guy who will go out for coffee with you at 10 p.m. because you need to vent.
Ladies, this certainly isn’t everything you should look for in a guy…just a few of the many important qualities! Guys like this are out there and DO exist!
What would you add to the list?