Having the right support system can make all the difference in a girl’s life. Let’s face it—life can be messy, complicated and sometimes outright disappointing. With the right friends in your corner, things are just easier to handle because you’re not alone!
Because this is your life, it’s your responsibility to decide what types of people you choose to be around. It’s wise to aim to surround yourself with those who make you an all-around better person. Here are five type of friends to appreciate and look out for. You might be blessed enough to recognize some of these girls you already have around you.
1. The Real One. Every girl needs a friend in her life who will tell her the truth in love. Let me be clear: This is not the girl who mouths off about everything she thinks. She’s not condescending and she doesn’t use her honesty to tear people down. This is the friend who is close enough to you and genuinely loves you enough to edify you with the truth—about yourself, about any toxic relationships around you and anything that may not align with your highest good. If you have a Real One in your corner, this is a win because she will continue to draw out real growth in you.
2. The Inspired One. It can be easy to start going through the motions in life and lose a sense of overall purpose. However, this girl is a dreamer. She usually tends to be more on the creative side because she always thinking of out-of-the-box ways to get more out of life. Whether she’s giving an encouraging word, motivating your goals or simply helping you stay true to your calling through the journey God has you on, The Inspired One continues to bring life into your monotony.
3. The Wise One. This may be someone who’s older than you or simply has a sense of wisdom that may help you look at life from a more mature perspective. You need this type of lady in your life because she is going to help give you a more holistic view of life. You know that when you turn to her, she will help keep your mind grounded, regardless of what emotions may have overcome you. It’s so important when we get caught up in our feelings and circumstances to have someone who can pull us back into reality and see straight again.
4. The Adventurous One. Very much like The Inspired One, this friend is very outside the box and will push you to experience life out of your comfort zone. She’s not crazy (okay, maybe a little), but is a bit spontaneous. This can be a good thing because it will challenge you to meet people and go places that will expand your awareness of the world around you. We all need someone who will pull us outside of ourselves from time to time.
5. The Unconditional One. At least one unconditional friend is a must-have. Chances are, she’s your best friend. This is the girl you can call anytime under any circumstances, and she is there for you. She is not afraid of your “hot mess” and will pull you out of dark places. She doesn’t judge or look at you differently because being there for each other is just what you do. In a world of charades and “perfectly kept” lives, we all need someone who we can completely be ourselves with. She is that girl.
You may just be blessed enough to have most of these in one awesome girlfriend.
Do you have any girlfriends like this in your life? Which one do you think you are? Comment below!