Ladies, are you an expert in your faith? Do you know where your Christian denomination stands on subjects such as marriage, modesty, purity, the Trinity, baptism, salvation, and so on? When people ask you about your faith, do you know how to respond?
Even though Christianity is the largest religion in the world, it is broken up into many denominations, each created to adhere to certain teachings. But many Christians are unfamiliar with the teachings of their denomination. And when you don’t know what your denomination teaches, you may be standing for something you don’t believe in. This is why it’s so important for you to be knowledgeable in your faith!
If you want to know more about your faith, try these five tips:
- Learn the history of your denomination. Find out how your denomination came about. In understanding the history of your faith, you will know why it was established in the first place.
- Discuss your faith with your family and friends. Discussion is a great way of understanding your faith because it brings up questions that you may never have thought of before.
- Ask your priest or pastor if you have questions about your faith. Your pastor or priest is your religious teacher. If anyone has the answer to your questions about your faith, it should be him.
- Research for yourself. Outside of asking those around you, research for yourself. The internet and library provide extensive knowledge about your faith. Also, the internet often has forums with others asking and answering questions, so find out what others are saying. This will likely prompt you to ask further questions.
- Read the Bible. Everything you need to know is in the Good Book. When you read the Bible, you become familiar with the books and the stories. Additionally, you become knowledgeable of the verses that many people quote. You will know them and be familiar with their context. Many times, people quote a verse but take it out of context or only offer a portion of it to justify their own argument. If you’re familiar with the Bible, you can better discuss these verses, their context and how they relate to the discussion.
As a Christian, God comes first, right? So what you believe in is how you should live. It’s who you are. Because of this, you should be very sure that the denomination you are a part of is a part of who you are!
Ladies, are you an expert in your faith or do you wish you knew more about your denomination?