Ladies, I believe that the teenage years are the most difficult to endure. I think they’re the most vulnerable years to get through, for both guys and girls. Why? Well, primarily because there are tons of physical and hormonal changes during the teenage years. So often teens become more aware of their appearance and how it compares to that of their peers. And for girls, their tumultuous emotions can make the teen years pretty dramatic. I should know, having once been a teen girl.
For girls, Hollywood also plays a role in confusing perceptions. It establishes unrealistic standards for beauty, as well as a warped view of sexuality and intimacy. With all this craziness, it’s so easy to become confused. Giving in to temptation becomes easy, and resorting to all aspects of immodesty becomes normal.
Ladies, if your desire is to remain strong on the arms of your Lord throughout your life, then getting through your teen years will definitely be one of your biggest challenges. If you’re looking for insight, you’ve come to the right place!
Consider these five ways to enjoy your teenage years without losing your Christian self.
- Love the you that God designed. If you don’t love the you that God created, then you’re always going to wish you were someone else. You’re always going to wish you were that pretty girl in your school who gets all the attention. You’ll want to be the popular girl or the one who dates all the boys. If you’re not happy with who you are, then you will change yourself to get the attention that gives you a false sense of love. And this could lead to bad attention. So, see yourself in God’s eyes. He’s never wrong, so don’t second-guess Him.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. You’re not going to be like anyone else, no matter how much you try. If you continue to compare yourself with others, you’re going to fall short and that will only make you feel worse about yourself. This in itself could lead to depression and negative thoughts.
- Stay strong in your convictions. Your convictions are your beliefs founded upon the Word of God. If you don’t know your convictions or why you believe them, then they will easily crumble away with the first opportunity. Your convictions help you to remain strong in your path toward eternal salvation. Sure, you’ll make mistakes, but your convictions will help you get back on track.
- Make friends with like-minded girls. If you hang out with girls who share your faith, values and interests, then you won’t feel left out. You can arrange fun things to do without compromising those values. And most importantly, you can bring Christ along in everything that you do. Having like-minded friends helps you all stay strong in your faith. You will also have someone to hold you accountable for your actions.
- Stay connected to God every day. Read your Bible every day, go to church and take part in activities and programs. Pray throughout the day, not just when you get up, eat and go to sleep. Pray for the good, the bad, the hopes and the dreams. Remaining connected to God on a daily basis will help you remain focused on Him in every choice you make.
See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ. (Colossians 2:8)
Ladies, are you having difficulty getting through your teenage years? What solutions do you have for coping?
Like what you’ve read here? Well, Nicole’s BRAND NEW book is up for pre-order and contains so much more of this. Pre-Order today and receive some fun FREE gifts!