Ladies, has your love for the Lord dwindled? Do you struggle in your devotion for Him? Has the fire fizzled out?
As Christians, we should be on fire for the Lord, and our desire to worship Him should be so strong that nothing compares to it. It should feel like a love affair that never ends.
Does that sound like you? If not, then this post may just be for you.
If you’re looking to fall in love with God all over again, here are five ways that can help:
- Spend time with Him. Get to really know Him. And if you think you already know Him, get to know Him again. Prayer and meditation are two great ways to spend time with God because they afford you the opportunity to come to know Him more. And when praying, remember that you need to take the time to listen for His response. Also, reading scripture and attending church are important ways to spend time with God.
- Remind yourself of what He did for you. When you remind yourself of God’s amazing gifts, it inspires such a positive feeling, doesn’t it? So, observing creation in itself is an amazing reminder of God’s gift of nature, food, reproduction and so many other things. Not to mention His sacrifice, His Grace and His promise. And then there are the times of your own personal struggle. Scripture will help remind you of the many things He did for you.
- Remind yourself of what He is doing for you now. Think of His amazing forgiveness, His protection, His plan for you, His love for you and His promise to you. These are all things that the Lord is doing for you now. He has your back, ladies. He will never let you go, so fall in love with His love for you, and your love for Him will surely grow stronger.
- Be consumed by Him. Surrounding yourself with the goodness of our Lord is such a great way to feel His love. And in doing so, you will want to love Him more. You can be consumed by Him in worship and in song. But there are other personal ways in which you can be consumed by Him, including dance, art and music.
- Spend time with others who love Him. There is so much to loving the Lord with friends. When you surround yourself with others who love God, shared emotions of love are strengthened. The feeling is inspiring, empowering and overwhelming. When you share the feelings of others who are already wholeheartedly devoted to Him, you want that feeling also.
We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19)
Ladies, God is love. He loves us so much and on such a level, we cannot fathom it with our own logic. We would be astounded by the truth of His love if we could ever comprehend its extent. And so, in return, it seems only inevitable that we would love Him to an overwhelming extent. Our love will never match His. That’s just impossible. He’s God, after all.
But we can love Him in a way that He will be satisfied, and that love should be as strong as we are capable of achieving. So, never let the fire fizzle, ladies. Instead, let it burn stronger and spend all your days looking for new and better ways to love God more and fall in love with Him further. It’s the least we can do, after all.
Are you looking to fall in love with God all over again? Share your story—we love to hear from you!