A Project Inspired Girl loves God with her whole heart, mind and soul. Sometimes, that’s easier said than done. Here are five ways to live a more inspired life:
1. Be kind and compassionate to others. You never know what someone is truly going through in their lives. That woman who was rude to you at the makeup counter? Maybe she’s having to work while taking care of an ailing parent, or she didn’t sleep all night from worrying over her bills. Being a Project Inspired girl means having empathy and being kind when it’s not the easiest thing to do.
2. Care for your body as a temple. Taking care of yourself is not simply vanity. It’s about honoring what God has given you. The better we feel, the more strength we have to do God’s work that He has planned for us.
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.” 1 Corinthians 6:19
Be your best self by eating right, exercising and taking the time to do what makes you feel good about yourself. Maybe that’s a new tube of lip gloss or maybe today, it’s a few more minutes in the Word.
3. Quickly forgive and pray for your enemies. Praying for your enemies is not always easy. That girl who made fun of your shorts in gym class? She really is in need of forgiveness and prayer (and maybe a fashion lesson or two!) When our first instinct is to run to prayer rather than lash out in revenge, we become better versions of ourselves. God wants that for you!
4. Be generous and giving. One of my favorite verses about giving is:
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7
What I love about this verse is, God just doesn’t care that we give. He wants our heart in it. It should matter to us that we’re giving, not to just please God, but because it makes us feel good and warm inside. I don’t know about you, but I just love giving away gifts and seeing the happiness in someone’s eyes when they receive it. What could you give more of? Your time? Your money? Your efforts? Maybe math or English comes easier to you — helping a friend with school work is an awesome way to be generous with your time and talents.
5. Don’t settle for a guy who doesn’t treat you like God’s daughter! We’ve all seen those hilarious memes with girls going to prom and their fathers standing nearby with a shotgun. Yes, it’s a joke (and probably a nightmare for the girls!) but the truth is there — this is how God feels about you. He wants to love and protect you. He wants to make sure that no one can harm you or bring anything but light into your life. Sure, no one is perfect, but don’t waste your time on a guy who doesn’t know your value in the Lord.
Want to read more about living the Project Inspired life? Well, Nicole’s BRAND NEW book is up for pre-order and it contains so much more of this. Pre-Order today and receive some fun FREE gifts!