Ladies, would you say that you’re “boy-crazy”? Do you think about boys all the time? Check them out? Talk about them? Are you just totally head-over-heel obsessed with them?
While thinking about boys in general is a normal occurrence for young girls coming of age, there is a point where having an interest in boys becomes an obsession. Obsession goes way beyond having a crush and daydreaming about guys or one guy in general. In many ways, if it gets out of control, it can ruin your world.
Ladies, if boys make or break your day, you may just be boy-crazy. Here are six signs that will let you know for sure:
- You’re always crushing on a boy or two. You don’t really remember a time when you didn’t like a guy. But when you don’t have a boy on your mind, you feel empty and broken.
- Wherever you go, you hope there will be a cute boy there. And if there isn’t, you’re truly disappointed. It’s like your whole day is ruined because there isn’t a boy there to check out, talk to or flirt with.
- You talk about boys with your friends all the time. And if they’re not talking about boys, you change the subject so that you are. It just makes you happy.
- In a room full of people, you look for the cutest guy. And once you’ve found him, you keep him in your sights at all times. You might even try to catch his eye or his attention in some way.
- You believe that having a boyfriend will make you happy. It’s all you think about, and you’ve convinced yourself that once you find a boyfriend, you’ll feel complete.
- You go places you know your crush will be. You actually plan your day around a boy. Maybe you go to the mall because some guy you like will be there, and then you and your friends follow him around, pretending to be discreet. You may even pretend to bump into him accidentally.
Ladies, being boy-crazy can lead to destruction. I know that may sound a little dramatic, but consider the following:
- Being boy-crazy can lead to bad choices. Some girls are just so desperate to meet a guy or have a boyfriend, they’ll do anything.
- It can also leads to bitterness and jealousy. If other girls have boyfriends, or the boy you like doesn’t like you back, it can make you feel bad about yourself.
- When the guy doesn’t like you back, it could also be a blow to your self-confidence. It’s not the guy’s fault if he doesn’t notice you or like you back, but you may get it in your mind that there’s something wrong with you.
- Being boy-crazy can distract you from more important things in life, such as school or friendships.
- Most importantly, being boy-crazy (or anything-crazy) distances you from God. Unless you’re God-crazy. Which is really the only “crazy” we Christians should be. So, if you want to be be obsessed, pick God.
Ladies, are you boy-crazy?
Like what you’ve read here? Well, Nicole’s BRAND NEW book is up for pre-order and contains so much more of this. Pre-Order today and receive some fun FREE gifts!