I know firsthand how exciting and also intimidating it can be to have huge God-sized dream in your heart. But trust me — if God can do it for me, He can certainly do it for you!
I want to share this actionable list as completing these steps is what has helped me in achieving my own dream of acting and executive producing movies.
Trust me, I have and still face fear going after my dreams, but just know that even those who are successful in achieving their goals and dreams feel fear too! At the bottom of the article, I shared a fun trailer that I’m in for my new movie Catching Faith 2! The movie is available NOW and you’ll love it!
Here is my actionable list for you:
1. Most importantly PRAY about your God dream! If it is God’s will for you, it will keep coming up time and time again in your heart and mind. It’s the type of feeling and His urging that won’t go away. And when you know what it is, pray consistently and fervently. Fervently means making specific requests for God’s help and provision. He will help you!
2. Say your dream out loud AND write it down! By doing both of these things, you are confirming it in your mind and giving yourself permission to make it happen! I have my dreams written down in several places- on a whiteboard on my makeup table, on my vision board in my prayer room, on a little piece of paper in my wallet, AND the word “acting” on a keychain for my keys. It’s everywhere around me!
3. Put together an action and time-oriented goal list. Write down the actions you need to take and try your best to stick to the schedule! Don’t leave your goal or dream open-ended because having a timeline will help you stay both on track and focused.
4. Seek wise counsel. Learn from and study people who have done it and gone before you. You can learn so much from people who are already doing what you want to do. Ask them questions, read books and listen to podcasts. There is so much free information out there to learn from!
5. Get a coach! I actually have an amazing coach who helps me with pinpointing the necessary steps I need to take to help me stay on track with my career. I talk with her at the end of every week and she keeps me accountable AND provides tools and ideas for me to implement.
6. Most importantly- don’t give up! So many people quit right before they experience the dream coming to pass. Keep working hard. You can do ALL things with God’s help!
You can watch the trailer for Catching Faith 2 below.
What’s one dream or goal God put in your heart? I would love to know! I’m cheering you on! Xo Nicole