6 Ways to Develop a Life of Thankfulness This Week
Written by Brittney Moses | November 17, 2017
Cultivating an attitude of thankfulness is something we know we should live by, but can all too easily slip away from us when life’s demands start taking over. It takes being intentional and a bit of slowing down to bring gratitude back to the forefront of our minds. With Thanksgiving approaching, we want to challenge you to act on these six practices over the course of this week to really experience the peace of a thankful life.
1. Go at least 24 hours without complaining or making negative remarks about life, yourself or others.
2. Make a list of as many things as possible that you have to be thankful for today.
3. Write a handwritten letter to someone special expressing how thankful you are for them and why.
4. In your prayer time, express to God all of the things in life you’re thankful for Him bringing you through.
5. Photo challenge! Take a photo of the things you’re thankful for today and spread the spirit of gratitude by sharing why on your social media! (Be sure to tag @projectinspired!)
6. Look in the mirror and pick out a skill or inner quality about yourself that you’re grateful God has endowed you with.