Ladies, prayer is fundamental to our Christian faith. Scripture explains that prayer is our way of communicating with our Lord. It teaches us that we should share our love and adoration for God through prayer. We should share our hopes and dreams, our fears and anxieties through prayer.
Mark 11:24 even tells us: “So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Wow!
And to top it all off, Jesus even gave us the words to pray!
Prayer is so powerful. It’s so necessary. And it’s available to all of us. And yet, not every Christian prays as often or as passionately as they should.
Not only should we be praying numerous times a day, but each prayer should be filled with equal zeal. We’re talking to God, after all!
I understand that we all live busy lives, but prayer should always be on every agenda, because without God, our lives just wouldn’t work well.
If you’re struggling to make your prayer time more meaningful, check out the following six tips that should help you enhance your time with God.
- Find a quiet spot, whenever possible. Even better, if you can take a walk or find a spot outside in nature where you can sit and meditate as you pray, then do it. Being in nature is a great way to connect with our Lord because we’re in the midst of His creation.
- Don’t just speak—take a moment to listen. In silence, we can hear so much. So speak your prayer, and then listen. The more you listen, the easier it is to hear Him.
- Schedule it. I know! Prayer should be spontaneous, but oftentimes our lives get so hectic that we skip the time to pray. Plus, if we schedule it, we can make sure we have enough uninterrupted time to speak to the Lord.
- Pray more than once a day. We’re told to pray at dinner and pray before bed, but what about prayer when we wake up, before school, before work and every other event we have going on during our day? God can make an ordinary day extraordinary.
- “Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 reminds us of this. Even a simple “Jesus, help me!” in a moment of stress, frustration or nervousness is a worthy prayer. Having an ongoing inner dialogue with the Lord is so strengthening.
- Write in a prayer journal. This is a great way to improve your spiritual life. You can add your own prayers or those promised to others, or unanswered questions. Write down things that nag at you—they may be calls from God.
Ladies, never take advantage of your prayer time. It’s our gift from God. Do it often, do it fervently and make it count every time.
Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6)
Ladies, how do you enhance your prayer time?
Contact me via social media for any questions, advice, prayer or just to say hello: