7 Fun Things to Do in 2014!
Written by Jenn Arman | January 5, 2014
Girls, are you looking for something fun to do with your friends that also glorifies God in 2014? I’ve compiled a short list of some awesome God-honoring events that are coming up this year!
- Winter Jam Tour – At $10 per ticket regardless of seating, you can’t do a lot better than the Winter Jam Tour. We took our youth to see it back in November and it was AMAZING! Some of the artists change throughout the tour (I think the East Coast tour dates include Lecrae and Colton Dixon), but this year’s tour features all amazing artists including Tenth Avenue North, Love & the Outcome, Newsboys and Plumb!
- The Roadshow Tour – This concert event begins this month in Sacramento, California, but it will be traveling the country. Ticket prices range from $10 to $20 (a $50 VIP package is also available). This year’s Roadshow bands include Third Day, Skillet, Jamie Grace and We As Human. Tickets for this sell fast, so get them early. Gather some friends together and go get rocked!
- IGNITE: As One – IGNITE is a multi-church movement (only in Southern California for now). The event is FREE, the worship is amazing and the teaching is powerful. IGNITE 2014’s theme is As One. The date is January 11 at Pomona First Baptist Church in Pomona, California. My husband and I are part of the planning team for this event with many other pastors and worship leaders, and we’re very excited. If any of you girls are in the area, you should totally check it out. I’ll be there and I’d love to meet you face-to-face!
- Women of Faith: Revival 2014 – Okay, this event is definitely one of the more expensive ones on our list, ranging from $49 to $129. I’m definitely a huge fan of anything with the theme “Revival,” though, so if you can make it, I recommend going. These events don’t kick off until March 21 in Coral Springs, Florida, so there’s still time to save your money.
- Sheri Rose Shepherd: Chocolate for Your Soul – Sheri Rose Shepherd is an amazing speaker. A former beauty pageant winner, Sheri Rose uses humor and straightforward teaching to show women the beauty of God and how He continually makes us more and more beautiful. This event is around $10 and I highly recommend it. Nicole and I have both heard Sheri Rose speak (on separate occasions), and she has touched both of our hearts. I hope she gets the chance to touch your hearts as well.
- Passion 2014 – Prices for the Passion conference range from $139 to $159, and the conference is in either Atlanta or Houston, depending on the date. For those of you ages 18 to 25 who would like to try to attend, Living Proof Ministries (Beth Moore’s ministry) is offering some scholarships for girls. The lineup for this event is stellar, so if you’re able to go, GO!
- Ragamuffin Movie Tour – If you’re a little more low-key, or even if you’re not, I recommend seeing Ragamuffin: The True Story of Rich Mullins, showing at various churches throughout the country. For those of you who may not know, Rich Mullins wrote the song “Awesome God” and continues to inspire generations of Christians the world over. Admission is around $10 per person.
There’s some really cool stuff going on this year, and I hope and pray that you girls will be able to take part with brothers and sisters in Christ from around the country and even the world.
Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus so that with one accord, you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. —Romans 15:5-6
Girls, what events are you planning to attend this year?