9 Bible Verses for When You’re Feeling Overwhelmed
Written by Project Inspired | September 12, 2014
Does it seem like the world is crashing around you with all the stuff you have to do? Are you feeling completely overwhelmed by the amount of homework you have? Does that debt you’re looking at suddenly seem more than you can ever imagine paying off? You’re not alone. Amazingly enough, our God knew this would happen before it did—He wrote down so many Bible verses about handling issues in life. We sifted through and picked out nine verses that really help us in these difficult times. Bookmark this page, print it out, save it on your phone, memorize them!
1. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:8)
2. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
3. The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
4. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)
5. It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
6. When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)
7. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
8. My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
9. Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. (John 14:1)
PI Girls, do you have any other verses that you look to when you feel overwhelmed?