Beauty & Fashion
Achieve A Marilyn Look With These Clothes!
Written by Nicole | March 6, 2011
Want to achieve a Marilyn- like frame? Read this!
1. A Well-Fitting (not bulky) Sweater– preferably Cashmere- and in black or pink. Marilyn loved the trend in the 50s of a pencil skirt, sweater, and wedge heels. Please note, I’m not advocating sexy. I’m advocating a nice, clean, unrumpled look. For modest teens, a well-fit sweater is a lovely way to look feminine without showing cleavage.
2. A White Blouse- knotted at the waist- to show off her midriff, with rolled-up jeans. She often wore this look on the weekends.
3. Sundresses with halter necks and full skirt– They give an instant hour-glass effect, especially in a polka dot pattern.
4. Jersey Day Dress– in tan, black, or white. Marilyn had several of these button-through belted dresses that she wore with suede heels.
5. An All White Outfit– A white tshirt, paired with white jeans and gold jewelry. You don’t have to have real gold, imitation gold gives the same look.
6. A Scarf- Marilyn often ran these through her hair, in a casual up-do.
7. Skirt Suit– She wore this in “How to Marry a Millionaire” and often wore them to business meetings as well.
8. Gingham Printed Pants– Marilyn was often photographed in these pants, she wore them when she was lounging.