The Bible teaches us that the password and the secret to getting into God’s Holy presence is through worship, praise, adoration and thanks. In Psalm 100:4, it says, “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”
We can always find something to ask God for and we will always be waiting on something new, but in the meantime, we must always thank God. We must thank our Lord and King for our lives, our health, our provision, our daily blessings, even with the small and mundane things. We don’t realize what we have at times, until it is taken away. We need to keep in step with the spirit of God and really acknowledge what God has already done, even with the finished work of the cross! God is amazing and is so loving and merciful! If God never answered another prayer, we must know salvation is enough. Amen?
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. (1 Chronicles 16:29)
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. (Psalm 16:11)
When we are in God’s presence, and once we have accessed the power of the glory of the Lord through praise, there is a peace and joy that surpasses understanding (Philippians 4:7). Many times we lean on our own understanding and analytical thoughts, but we must remember our ways are not God’s ways, because He is higher, and we must rely on Him and trust Him regardless of circumstances (Isaiah 55).
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7)
The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud… (2 Chronicles 5:13)
Why Thanking God Gives You Access to His Presence
1. God’s Presence Is Holy: We must come to the King with reverence and a holy fear of Him by thanking Him for what He has done through Christ. (Psalm 100:4)
2. God’s Presence Gives Us Joy: God doesn’t need our thanks, but rather we are designed to thank Him, which in turn blesses us with peace and joy. (Psalm 16:11)
3. Faith Pleases God: Even if we are in a very difficult or scary situation, worshipping God in faith regardless pleases God. (Hebrews 11:6)
4. Worship Is Warfare: A friend of mine, Masielle, said this recently and it really stuck with me, and I’ve heard this saying before because it’s true. The enemy hates praise and worship because it invites God’s Holy presence, and Satan and his demons have to flee at God’s glory because darkness cannot dwell with light. (James 4:7)
5. Praise Is Like a Present or Offering to God: When you go see an earthly royal or King or Queen, you would never go to their throne empty-handed, so why would we go to God and demand or ask of Him without first praising and thanking the King of Kings, Jesus the Messiah, Yeshua? (1 Chronicles 16:29)
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)
PI Girls, how often do you thank God instead of asking Him for something? Let’s work on praising Him more, amen?