Bible Study: How to Walk in Your Identity as a Daughter of the King
Written by Christi Given | March 10, 2017
In our society, there is a lot of pressure to be successful, to be beautiful, to have a high-paying salary, to get your college degree, to get married by a certain age and to fulfill the “American Dream.” We all can face different pressures and at times this can rock or shake our identity. The truth is our identity is found in Christ Jesus and in being a daughter of the King!
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light… (1 Peter 2:9)
We must combat the lies of the enemy with the Word of God (the Sword of the Spirit, as it says in the Bible in Ephesians 6). Let’s remember some scriptures in the Word about this subject. Below are some reminders about walking in your royal identity.
Truths and Lies About Your Royal Identity
1. Your identity is NOT based on whether you have a college degree. Although this is beneficial, this does not define you! (Proverbs 1:7)
2. Your identity is NOT based on whether you are single or in a relationship. (Isaiah 54:5)
3. Your identity is NOT based on how much money you have or make or invest. Again, money is necessary to live and we should work hard, but our financial status doesn’t define us! (Philippians 4:19)
4. Your identity is NOT based on how fashionable you are or how beautiful society thinks you may be. (Psalm 139)
5. Your identity is NOT based on your past mistakes. (1 Peter 1)
6. Your identity is NOT based on your performance or awards. (1 Peter 1:19)
7. Your identity is NOT based on man’s approval, but rather on God’s approval. (Galatians 1:10)
8. Your identity is NOT based on how many likes or comments you have on social media. God already approves of you!!!
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:10)
9. Your identity is NOT based on your feelings or your emotions, but on God’s Word. (1 Peter 2:9)
10. Your identity is NOT based on this temporal earth and the fading things here. Your crown is in heaven, which is your true reward. (1 Corinthians 9:25)
PI Girls, do you realize you are an heir to God’s Kingdom? You are God’s Princess! Jesus loves you so much!