Music & Culture
Christi’s Playlist: KB, Maroon 5, Britt Nicole and More!
Written by Christi Given | March 31, 2015
Hey girls, check out Christi’s awesome music picks this month!
1. “100” by KB (featuring Andy Mineo): I love the boldness of the message of KB and the 116 Clique (derived from Romans 1:16). Reach Records has truly made an impact on culture and is shifting the message of hip-hop.
2. “Sugar” by Maroon 5: I love this video! The band surprised different people at different wedding locations and sang this song live. Check it out!
3. “Set the World on Fire” (Neon Feather Remixes) by Britt Nicole: Britt is releasing her first new remix album, called The Remixes, of some her top songs. Stay tuned for the release, which comes out on March 17, 2015. I’m super stoked, are you?!
4. “Nothing I Can’t Do” by Tedashii (featuring Lecrae and Trip Lee): I love the dancing and choreography in this video.
5. “Scandal of Grace” by Hillsong United: Check out this well-known track from Hillsong United’s last album, Zion, which was a top hit with the track “Oceans.” I also loved their remix album of “With Everything” and their acoustic release of Zion. Hillsong United is releasing a new album called Empires this year, which is highly anticipated and is something I am very much looking forward to. For years, ever since I was a teen, I have looked forward to their album releases. Also, keep your eyes out for the Let Hope Rise Hillsong movie being released this May 2015!
6. “Keeper of My Heart” by Kari Jobe: I LOVE this album, Majestic—it is so anointed and powerful. Every song is good. I highly, highly, highly recommend that any Christian who loves worship or Kari Jobe (“Revelation Song”) get her album. It will change your life!
7. “Storyteller” by Morgan Harper Nichols (featuring Jamie Grace): Did you know Jamie Grace’s sister Morgan plays guitar, writes music and sings too?! So awesome! Jamie Grace is featured on this track. Morgan is releasing new music soon, so keep your eyes and ears out for her new album.
8. “Pursue” by Hillsong Young & Free: I love this new female recording from Y&F! This is such a powerful song and is about a deep devotion to the Lord and pursuing Jesus.
9. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran (Live from The Voice): I love Ed Sheeran’s voice and new song! This is such a catchy love song that has such passion when Ed sings it! He definitely is a newer artist to me but is one who has so much talent! He is an amazing guitar player, songwriter and performer! Any Ed Sheeran fans out there?! 😉
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite song or video on my playlist this month?