Christi’s Playlist: My Favorite Songs This December…a Christmas Mix!
Written by Christi Given | December 24, 2014
1. “Noël” by Hillsong Young and Free: This song is a fun remake of the classic song “Noël.” I love the lyrics “Born is the King of Israel!”
2. “It’s Christmas Day” by Family Force 5: Tooth & Nail Records artists Family Force 5 released some new Christmas music. This song is an original single that is about love, peace and the reason we celebrate with family and friends.
3. “Angels We Have Heard on High” by 1 Girl Nation: I love this pop mix of this amazing Christmas song! “Glor–iaaa…in excelsis Deo! Gloria in excelsis Deo!”
4. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” by Michael Bublé: Bublé has such a unique and Sinatra type of voice. I love his music. He really is a talented singer, don’t you agree?
5. “Do You Hear What I Hear?” by Carrie Underwood: There’s no denying Carrie’s vocal ability and I just love her rendition of this traditional song about the shepherds seeing the North Star and about the night of our Lord and Savior Jesus’ birth.
6. “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby: There is something so special about Crosby’s voice. It is seriously timeless and when you hear it, it brings back nostalgic memories of the holidays, am I right? Such a beautiful, wonderful talent.
7. “Silent Night” by Elvis Presley: I am a huge Elvis fan and I definitely love this famous Christmas ballad. Elvis has such a unique voice. Interesting fact about Elvis: Although people called him “The King of Rock and Roll,” he would say, “I’m no King, Jesus is the King.” So cool!
8. “O Holy Night” by Celine Dion: This version is flawless, as expected because Celine is a natural at singing and almost seems like an opera type of vocalist. This song is my favorite Christmas song and I love hearing other artists sing it, too, like Carrie Underwood…it’s just so beautiful and anointed! The chorus almost always makes me cry: “Fall on your knees, oh hear the angel voices, oh night divine, oh night, when Christ was born!”
9. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” by Frank Sinatra: Even though this is a more secular song like the last song, Christmas is about sharing memories with family and friends. Let’s cherish those around us, show love to one another and realize tomorrow isn’t promised. I pray a blessed holiday season for you and your family.
10. “Joy” by 1 Girl Nation: I love this track by this awesome Christian pop girl group. It’s similar to “Joy to the a World,” but has newer lyrics. Hope you enJOY it! PI Girls, do you know of this musical group? Check out my interview with two of the girls when I was in Nashville this year.
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite Christmas song on my playlist?