Christi’s Playlist: November Mix with Trip Lee, Andy Mineo, Britt Nicole and More!
Written by Christi Given | November 22, 2014
Hello PI readers! Every month I share my favorite songs with you in playlists. Some may be Christian/gospel and some may be secular, and all will be positive and inspiring! Since I’m a singer and songwriter, this is a great way to share the different styles and genres of music I listen to and learn from. Connect with me at @ChristiGiven.
Let’s get this playlist started!
1. Switchfoot, “Liberty”: I love Switchfoot. They are one of my all-time favorite Christian rock bands. Although they are played on secular radio, they are known to be Christians—so cool! I love the lyrics in this song: “Every saint has got a past, and every sinner’s got a future…only you could free my soul….”
2. Andy Cherry, “City of Light”: I just discovered this new artist on the JUCE TV network’s YouTube Channel trailer. I love this song, it just touches my spirit. Do you like this emerging worship artist Andy Cherry? Check him out on social media and listen to some of his AWE-some music! Also, a cool fact about him: He auditioned for NBC’s “The Voice” this year. Watch the JUCE TV trailer with his song featured in it right here.
3. Trip Lee featuring Andy Mineo, “Insomniac”: I love the 116 Crew based off the scripture Romans 116 (the same group or clique from Lecrae’s record label, called Reach Records). Here is the verse these awesome artists are based from: “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.” Listen to it here.
4. Carrie Underwood, “Something in the Water”: I love Underwood’s voice and how she shines for Christ. She released this new song, which refers to new life and baptism. I wrote an article on PI about it recently—click here to read the article. What do you think about the song?
5. Colton Dixon, “Never Gone”: I love Colton Dixon’s bold stand for the Lord and I admire his witness for Jesus. Dixon’s new song “More of You” on last month’s playlist is about letting go of our pride and our desire to build our own life or empire…we need to empty ourselves to get more of the Lord. Amen? This track is popular on the radio right now, but here is a new one I just heard on his YouTube channel, called “Never Gone.” Don’t you think Colton’s voice is so unique and powerful?
6. Derek Minor, “Who You Know”: Minor is on the Reach Records label and is a part of the 116 Clique. Minor used to be named “PRO,” for those of you who have followed his music. Check out his new single, “Who You Know.”
7. Owl City featuring Britt Nicole, “You’re Not Alone”: I love Owl City and the lead singer’s voice. Of course I adore Britt Nicole and am a huge fan. This song is about God rescuing us, and being enough. Remember, PI Girls, you are NEVER alone because God is always with you! Listen to this song when you feel emotions rising against you. Love you!
8. Fireflight, “Unbreakable”: This cool Christian rock band is a regular on JUCE TV Network, which is how I heard about them. They are cool and different because the lead singer is a girl and they are on fire for Jesus! So awesome! Do you know Fireflight, girls?
9. Trip Lee, “Shweet”: This song is literally SHWEET because it talks about being bold for the Lord. Trip Lee is awesome and is UNASHAMED of the Gospel. Check out his new single from his album Rise. I dare you to brag on the Lord—that would be…sweet.
10. BarlowGirl, “Beautiful Ending”: I LOVE this video. Even though it’s not brand new, it inspired me when I was first starting recording my Christian worship. This Christian girl band definitely inspired me and motivated me to live for Christ. Don’t you love this song? So beautiful.
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite song? I love you all! Praying for you girls!