The summer time is officially here and I have 10 fun ideas and activities that you can do with your friends. You can do many different activities that do not cost a lot of money or are not that hard to do! Here are a few to get you started:
1. Summer Party with Friends: Invite a few girlfriends over for a summer pool party with cute decorations from Target or other stores like Homegoods. You can do a flamingo or tropical themed party, cut up some fresh watermelon and organize a charcuterie boards, which can include salami, cheese, toast, fruit, and more.
2. Movie Night Slumber Party: Host a sleepover with your besties and plan a marathon of chick flicks, and have popcorn, your favorite Sparkling water like Le Croux, and your favorite candy!
3. Outdoor Movie Nights: Many cities have movies in the park or drive in outdoor theaters that can be fun for a group of friends to get together and enjoy!
4. Clothing Swap: Get some of your favorite tops that you no longer wear or that you think your friends would like swap some outfits for fun! You can do some summer cleaning, and organize your clothes for a fresh summer wardrobe.
5. Cooking Classes: Get together with some friends or family members and cook up some dishes you want to master. You can learn many different recipes online, enjoy some new dishes and learn with the extra summer time vacation you have from school!
6. Take Up a New Exercise Class: Staying fit in the summer for many is very important and it is fun to try out something new like surf lessons, Pilates or even kick boxing! Getting a trainer or even just joining a new gym is a great way to kick off the summer in a healthy way!
7. Scrapbooking: After a summer vacation or two, it’s fun to compile some photos together and do a scrapbooking day with family or friends. I love cutting out magazine letters and photos to make a fun collage and embrace the memories!
8. Tanning Party: Get your girlfriends together for a tanning day and relaxation reading day or just time for girl talk. It’s great to just embrace the summer rays and to get your tan on! Another idea is to help do a spray tan on each other if you go to the beach or to the pool!
9. Mani Pedi Days: Visit the spa or nail shop for a nice manicure and pedicure to rejuvenate from the long spring semester. Another idea is to do manicures for your friends while listening to music and having girl chat time!
10. Travel: Find a dream destination for those of you able to travel over 18 and find a friend or two who wants to explore and maybe go somewhere like Hawaii, Palm Springs, or Florida for a summer vacation! Family trips are amazing as well, so talk to your family about having quality time while you are off of the school season!
PI ladies, what is one thing on the summer idea list that you will do this season? Have something to add to the list? We want to hear from you. Comment below!