Back to School
College Beat: 10 Ways to Get Out of a Rut and Be Inspired!
Written by Christi Given | May 14, 2016
Sometimes in life we hit a wall or fall into a rut, and just need some inspiration to get out of it. Here are 10 ways to be motivated, energized and ready for the next season!
I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
1. Start exercising and eat healthy: Healthy eating habits, exercise and taking care of yourself instead of over-studying can definitely help you get out of a rut.
2. Sleep: Cramming for finals and exams takes a toll on your sleep, so make sure you get at least seven to eight hours of sleep per night, and plan accordingly.
3. Do something each day that makes you happy: What brings you joy?
4. Follow your dreams: Work on your passion daily, and slowly but surely, you will get better.
5. Organize and clean your room or workspace: When we have an organized living space and have things in order, we can then think clearly and not feel bogged down by disorder or havoc around us. Take time to keep things tidy.
6. Be proactive: Don’t cram for midterms and finals this semester. Plan ahead, look over study guides and get a study group together.
7. Call up a good friend: Call and find out how another friend is doing and take the focus off your circumstances. Talking to a good friend always cheers anyone up!
8. Pray: Take your worries to God and make sure to not carry the weight of things you cannot control.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
9. Do your best and give God the rest: Work hard, be faithful with what you’ve been entrusted, but do not fear, and let go.
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. (Psalm 55:22)
10. Have balance: Don’t neglect work and only have social activities, but also don’t overwork yourself to the point where you don’t know how to play and enjoy life.
Young people, it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do. (Ecclesiastes 11:9)
PI Girls, do you have any tips or advice on how to get inspired?