PI Girls, many of you are in finals season or preparing for finals, and I want to give you some pointers on what to do to be prepared.
First, make sure you review all of your notes from the semester in advance. It is so important to not be cramming a ton of info all at once. Give yourself room to breathe and to focus on other classes. Remember that being proactive isn’t always the easiest, but it sure pays off. Think about your actual day of testing, and how you won’t want to regret waiting to study until the last minute.
Next, you want to get a jump-start on your study guides and anything that your professor may give you to prepare you for your final exams.
The third pointer I want to give to you is to form a study group a couple weeks before the finals—so any day now, since we are at the end of the semester. Ask other students to split the study guide with you and review it together. Set up a meeting at Starbucks or a coffee shop and make it a “latte” fun…kidding! (But really do it.) Coffee and treats always make things more fun!
Last but not least, make flashcards and have your BFF or roommie quiz you! Make it a fun game, and before you know it, your study time will actually turn into some fun!
Tips for Prepping for Finals
1. Review your notes: Go over your handwritten notes before you get your study guide. Start early!
2. Be proactive: Hit the books early, don’t wait until the night before and don’t cram too much information in one week even.
3. Review the study guide: Typically your professor will give you a study guide or outline to know what to expect for your test. Review, review, review!
4. Form a study circle: Make it fun and bring special snacks or treats and help quiz each other!
5. Flashcards: Make up a flashcards game with friends and you will be well prepared!
I know it can be overwhelming and a stressful time, but remember, the Bible says, “Be anxious for nothing…” (Philippians 4:6).
PI Girls, do YOU have any personal tips or advice for studying and preparing for finals? I am praying for you!