Back to School
College Beat: Top 10 Back-to-School Must-Haves!
Written by Christi Given | September 16, 2014
Hey ladies, if I were going back to college and needed to pack some things before leaving to bring on campus, here’s what I would definitely remember to have!
1. Cute outfits: Modest is hottest, of course! Think fall/winter wardrobe. See some back-to-school fall fashion trends here.
2. Supplies, notebooks and other school necessities: You might want a new tote bag or book bag (instead of a backpack) and, of course, a purse (or purses!).
3. Bible, journal, devotionals: Some of my favorite devotionals include My Utmost for His Highest byOswald Chambers and His Princess, His Princess Warrior and His Princess Bride by Sheri Rose Shepard.
4. Laptop, plug, case: These are a given! Of course, Project Inspired is the homepage on my desktop!
5. Favorite movies: A few of my picks are Grease, The Notebook, Walk the Line, Breakfast at Tiffany’s and The Passion of the Christ.
6. iPod with fave mixes: If you want to know my favorite songs, check out one of my recent playlists here on PI!
7. Favorite nail polishes and beauty products: Face wash is a must (I like Alba and Murad products, Yes to Carrots face wash and others), plus face lotion, toner, eye cream and other skin care products. As for nail polish, I love dark purple, browns, nudes, red and hot pink! (Think fall colors.) Other items to bring: bobby pins, hair ties, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, hairbrush, anti-frizz serum and more.
8. Stationery to write parents, friends and family: It’s always nice to do hand-written notes or letters. I am old-fashioned, I guess—I just love writing cards and letters to my friends and family! Do you? You may want to write to your mom and dad about how the semester is going or maybe a card to one of your longtime friends to check in—aside from emails, Facebook and social media. It’s nice to receive a letter in the mail. Don’t you agree?
9.Healthy snacks: I am blessed to have a health-conscious family—well, my aunt definitely has poured that into me and always reminded me to have good snacks on me when I travel or am going long distances. It’s also smart when you have a long day at school! You need brain energy, so remember to pack some treats! Some good snacks to pack or bring: trail mix, nuts, granola bars, dried fruit, whole-wheat pretzel sticks, bananas, Snap Pea Crisps, etc. Here are some random snacks and things to bring that aren’t necessarily healthy, but are quick and easy: instant hot chocolate, coffee, to-go creamers, cereal, pop tarts, tea and more.
10. A good, positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow: This is super important in entering any new season, whether you are moving, starting at a new school or entering a higher level of education. Always be willing to be teachable and to humble yourself in the area of learning. We all can grow and become better people.
PI Girls, what else would you add? What’s on YOUR back-to-school list? Comment below! Good luck on your new semester at school. I’m praying for you! Contact me @ChristiGiven.