GLAM For God
Disney-Inspired Dresses on the Red Carpet
Written by Christi Given | March 24, 2016
PI Girls, on Snapchat, there was an 88th Academy Awards review for Oscar fashion. I noticed that they did a compare and contrast of the red-carpet actresses’ gowns to Disney character dresses, and thought it was just too inspiring to not share!
Here are 10 of the dresses and the characters that each actress resembles. What do YOU think? Do you agree that each woman looks like the Disney princess they matched?
Out of all the actresses, the only one who was actually intentional about their dress being inspired by their favorite princess was 27-year-old actress Alicia Vikander from the film The Danish Girl.
[Main image: USA Today]
From Disney Style on Twitter @DisneyStyle:
Vikander, in an interview with ET (Entertainment Tonight), responded to the comparison:
“‘Oh really, that was my thought!’ she laughed when ET informed her of all the Belle comparisons she’s inspired. “That’s so funny! That’s hilarious…I’ve just had the privilege of getting to wear dresses that are like pieces of art…I don’t know how many hours … like, it’s made by hand. It’s fun. You get the opportunity to dress up.'” —ET Online
10 Academy Award Gowns Inspired by or Compared to Disney Characters
1. Alicia Vikander’s Oscars dress, inspired by Disney’s Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast:
2. Naomi Watts as Ariel from The Little Mermaid:
3. Heidi Klum as Princess Jasmine from Aladdin:
4. Cate Blanchett from the new Cinderella:
5. Brie Larson as Cinderella or Cate Blanchett?
6. Rachel McAdams inspired by Merida from Brave:
7. Saoirse Ronan, the Brooklyn nominated actress, could also be Ariel from The Little Mermaid:
8. Cate Blanchett as Tiana from The Princess and the Frog:
9. Brie Larson as Elsa from Frozen:
10. Jennifer Lawrence as Ariel in her pink bridal gown:
PI Girls, what do you think about the dresses and the matches? Comment below!