Experiencing acne or blackheads? These at-home, handmade treatments are affordable and a great fix!
- Baking soda (That’s it! Pretty easy and cheap!)
For a facial treatment:
- Mix a little baking soda with water until it forms a paste.
- Spread on the face, massaging gently for about 30 seconds. Rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the process three times a week.
For a facial mask:
- Combine baking soda with water until it forms a paste.
- Apply the paste on pimples. Allow to set for 5 to 10 minutes or leave on all night.
- Rinse well.
For a facial cleanser:
- Put one teaspoon of baking soda in your hands, add some water and mix.
- Apply on face and neck and rinse with water.
- Use this remedy twice a week.
Did you know that baking soda can also be used as a hair treatment?
- Oily hair? Dandruff? No problem! Put one tablespoon of baking soda into your shampoo and shake until well dissolved. Use it as a normal shampoo. Rinse well and apply a conditioner. After washing, your hair will look much better.
- You can also rinse your hair with baking soda. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a cup of water in an old empty shampoo bottle. Wash your hair, apply a conditioning balm, rinse well, then apply the baking soda rinse.
- If your hair is flat and greasy, use baking soda. Sprinkle some baking soda diluted in water to the hair and comb, then use the hairdryer.
- Treat your hair with baking soda after you swim in the pool. Sprinkle a little on hair and leave on for 15 minutes. Then wash your hair as usual. This way, you will prevent discoloration. In addition, the chemicals from the swimming pool water will be absorbed.
Get more tips at The Seaman Mom.
Girls, what at-home treatments do you use to treat your skin and/or hair? Share your tips in the comments below! Also, let us know what future DIYs you would love to see on PI!
Like what you’ve read here? Well, Nicole’s BRAND NEW book is up for pre-order and contains so much more of this. Pre-Order today and receive some fun FREE gifts!