Games & Fun
DIY: Fancy Stringing Rings Suncatcher
Written by Project Inspired | November 20, 2014
Make a beautiful and bright suncatcher to hang in your favorite window!
- R58620 Fine Motor Skills Silly Stencils
- Transparency sheets
- Fine-point marker or pen
- Single hole punch
- Clear glue
- R2183 Fancy Stringing Rings
- String or yarn
- Clear tape or a suction cap
- Trace the stencil shape onto the transparency sheet. Use a fine-point marker or pen to keep the lines light, but just noticeable enough that you can see them to cut around it.
- Cut out the shapes.
- I’ve put a backing behind the shapes so you are able to see them (a bit?) better! Use a hole punch to make a hole at the top of each shape.
- Dab on a generous amount of clear glue.
- You can spread the glue across the surface of the transparent shape with a Goo Spreader (available here) or dab on extra glue.
- Drop a handful of Fancy Stringing Rings onto the glue layer and spread evenly across. Make sure none of the rings sit on top of each other, but rather, side by side. Fit as many rings as you can on the transparent sheet shape and try not to go over the edge.
- Ta-da! Now, let’s prep them up for the window.
- Thread a small amount of yarn or string through the hole and tie the end into a knot.
- Use clear tape or a suction cap to hang the suncatchers onto a window. Watch how bright the colors appear when the sun rays hit them!
Source: Little Fingers Big Art
Girls, what do you think of this DIY? Would you make it? Have you ever beaded before? Tell us everything in the comments below!