Games & Fun
4 July 4th Crafts to Whip Up for the Holiday
Written by Project Inspired | July 3, 2018
Whether you plan to spend your July 4th chilling at home with family or out at a big BBQ party with friends, there are tons of unique and fun DIY crafts you can make to help celebrate the nation’s freedom. Need something to do ON Independence Day this year? Consider gathering some friends or family members and choosing one of our four favorite DIYs to complete together! Whether you’re interested in baking, beading or bedazzling, there is something for everyone when it comes to 4th of July crafts.
We hunted high and low for fun and unique DIY projects, and we can’t wait to share our favorite finds with you! Be sure to tell us your favorite in the comments below, and how you plan to spend July 4th this year!
PATRIOTIC FILIGREE EARRINGS
Spray paint in your color choices
- Take your filigree earrings and spray-paint an even coat of white over both sides of your earrings. Let dry completely.
- Next, tape off the section you want to stay white. Put a second piece of tape over the part you want red. And spray-paint the exposed section blue.
- Let dry for a few minutes, then pull off the tape covering the far edge. Cover the blue edge and spray-paint red.
- Pull off all tape and let dry.
- Last, attach the earring hooks.
Source: Seven Alive
AMERICAN FLAG PALLET ART
6 wooden pallets, cut into whatever length you like
Red, white and blue paint
Nail your pallets together, and have fun painting stripes and stars! There’s really no “wrong” way to do it—make it your own!
Source: Mom 4 Real
STARRY NIGHT YARD
How amazing do these stars look painted on grass? Imagine doing a section of your front yard or picnic area where you’re hosting a party…gorgeous! To make them, cut a star shape from a piece of cardboard, lay a star stencil on the lawn and spray the grass lightly with water. Leave the stencil in place, and use a flour sifter to fill the shape with flour. Remove the stencil and repeat.
4TH OF JULY CAKE
2 cups sugar
1¾ cups flour
¾ cup cocoa
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour pans. The cake shown in the photo above was made using a 6-inch pan three times, because the author wanted a small tall cake; they were baked about 25 minutes. For two 8- or 9-inch round pans, bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- First, mix together the dry ingredients in your mixer, then add in the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix together, then add the boiling water last. Pour into cake pans and bake.
- To make this most delicious frosting, click here.
Get the rest of the instructions here!
Source: Pops and Podge
Girls, which DIY is your favorite? Have you ever made a July 4th craft? Tell us about it in the comments below!