Games & Fun
DIY: Make Your Own Bird’s Nest Necklace and/or Earrings
Written by Project Inspired | August 7, 2014
For this week’s DIY, we have a gorgeous bird’s nest necklace and earring set that you can EASILY make on your own. Score!
Making your own jewelry can be a fun and inexpensive craft. It’s a great centerpiece for a slumber party with friends or something to do with your hands while you watch a movie or TV. Learning a few basic pieces also comes in handy when it’s time to give a gift or you want something specific that you can’t find in stores.
Learn how to make this easy and beautiful bird’s nest earring and necklace set and your friends will be begging for a pair in no time!
– Jewelry wire (24-gauge wire is easier to manipulate, but the 20-gauge can work well, too, with the help of some round nose pliers)
– Pearls or glass beads
– Necklace chain
– A jump ring and a clasp
- Select the beads you want, string them onto your wire and arrange them as you’d like.
- Simply wrap the wire around the beads.
- Wrap some wire in the space between each bead (the look of three loops is cool, but you could just do one or two if you prefer)
- This is what the back looked like (see below).
- Now attach a jump ring and a clasp to the end of a necklace chain. You’re done!
Just to show you the difference between the 20-gauge and 24-gauge wire…the two on the right were made with 20-gauge wire and on the left is the 24. The 24-gauge is definitely easier to work with and manipulate. Up to you which you like better!
Source: Sarah Ortega
Girls, have you ever made your own jewelry? What kind would you love to learn to make?