Girls, we’ve been celebrating Friendship Week here on PI and are loving your stories and sweet thoughts on your best pals! To help celebrate, we wanted to look at some fun DIY friendship bracelets you can make with or for your buds.
Here are two of our favorite (super easy!) friendship bracelet tutorials. We’d love to hear YOURS in the comments below!
3D FRIENDSHIP BRACELET
All you need is mercerized yarn in different colors.
1. Make a knot and fix it with a safety pin on a pillow.
2. Start with the color on the edge (blue) and make a knot like you see in the picture below.
3. The next knot is the one you see below.
4. Repeat it with every string so in the end all single strings are on the other side. At the beginning it’s a little bit difficult to pick the right string, but if you’ve done one turn, it’s easier and you’ll see which string is the next one.
5. If the strap is as long as you want it to be, make a braid and a knot. Open the knot where the safety pin was put through, do another braid and a knot. Your bracelet is ready to wear!
Source: That’s a New Day
BEADED FRIENDSHIP BRACELET
All you will need is braiding cord and a few smaller beads. You need beads that are big enough to easily slide on the cord but that are still small in size.
1. Cut a piece of cord about a foot long. Tie a knot close to the middle of the strand.
2. Slide the beads on in whatever order you would like. I used 8 beads. Tie a knot on the other end of the beads. Overlap the ends of the strands around each other.
3. Cut another strand of cord and wrap it around the overlapped strands. Tie a forward knot to start.
4. Then tie a backward knot.
5. Alternate back and forth about 8 times. Snip the ends off.
6. Slide a bead onto both of the ends and tie a knot. Then snip off the excess. And you are done!
Source: Oh So Pretty
Which bracelet is your favorite? Have you made friendship bracelets before? What advice would you give to aspiring bracelet makers?!
For more on PI Friendship Week, check out our poll on the best qualities to have in a friend, a survey all about your amazing friends, another survey on the importance of friendship and a post all about Inspired Friendship!