Beauty & Fashion
DIY: Make Your Own Natural Face Wash
Written by Project Inspired | September 26, 2013
Have you ever checked out the ingredients in your chosen facial cleanser? As with all personal care products, you always want to be careful about what you’re putting on your skin!
Earlier this year, we covered our top five favorite face washes for teens. We totally stand by these great products, but did you know that you can also easily learn how to make your own face wash?
Making facial cleanser is simpler than you might think. It’s easy to customize your own creations, so if you’ve got specific needs due to your skin type, you can make something that works for you.
Four simple and awesome everyday products that you can use to clean your face include honey, yogurt, oil and cleansing grains (see 11 One-Ingredient DIY Face Masks for more tips!). But if you want to go for something specific that’s worked for us, we’ve included a favorite recipe below:
- A clean spice jar with a lid
- A box of pure baking soda
- Jojoba oil
- A glass bottle with a dropper lid
- Skin-safe pure essential oil (like lavender or peppermint)
- An awesome, pure honey (optional)
1. Fill the spice jar with baking soda.
3. When ready to use, shake the spice jar once into your hand, mix the baking soda with three to five drops of the jojoba oil mixture and a small dollop of honey (optional). Spread on to damp skin and massage gently. It might tingle a bit (fun!). Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
Would you ever try making your own face wash? Do you try to buy natural beauty products? Let us know in the comments below!