For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. (Romans 8:5)
Ladies, if you’ve come to know God, then you’ve come to know that God wants you to put Him first. Above all things, He wants you to acknowledge Him.
As Christians, we often say that we love God, but in loving God, do you put Him first?
If you’re not sure whether you put God first, consider this checklist:
- Do you wake up and go to sleep to God? Oftentimes, we get so distracted with our daily activities that we wake up to them and go to sleep exhausted. And in doing so, we forget to take time in prayer. Ladies, let’s get real. God is the only one who can make our day work, and if we forget to include Him in it, then we’re just setting ourselves up to fail.
- Is He always on your mind as you go on with your day? Or do you think about Him randomly throughout the day, or hardly ever? Be honest. Consider the thing you think about the most. Whether it’s a crush, boyfriend, hobby or dream, do you think about it more than God? Because putting God first means having Him in the forefront of your mind.
- Do you think about how He would feel about your actions? Are you the kind of person who hides bad behavior from your parents or friends? What about God? Isn’t He the one you should care about more? Shouldn’t you be more concerned about how God feels about that behavior? He’s always in the room, after all.
- Do you ask for help in moments of anxiety? Instead of getting frustrated or angry, do you call out to Him for help? Do you place your anxiety in His hands and trust in Him? He’s always there, looking for an opportunity to help.
- Do you thank Him in moments of joy? This is usually when we forget to acknowledge God the most. We like to blame Him when things are bad or ask Him why He’s never there when we need Him, but how often do we thank Him? Considering the many blessings in our daily lives, we should be thanking Him daily.
- Do you ask for guidance in moments of uncertainty? Who do you get guidance from? Your best friend? Your parents? While it’s good to get the perspective of others, we should always look to Him for the next move. Anything less is like stepping into the unknown with a blindfold on.
- Is He your number one? Or is your boyfriend? How about your ambition, your money, your fashion or your iPhone? Ladies, do you think about God as much as you text?
- Do you read scripture daily? This should be a no-brainer for all Christians. Scripture is God’s word. It should be the book you’re always reading. Not because it takes so long to read, but because you’re reading it and rereading it.
- Do you strive to please Him? Maybe you strive to please your parents, your teachers, your friends or just yourself. But in everything, we should be striving to please Him. And in pleasing Him, we will please those who want good from you. Pleasing Him keeps us out of trouble.
- Do you always choose Him? When faced with a choice, do you choose Him? When you dress, do you dress for Him or your crush, your friends or your boyfriend? When you’re tempted with a vice, do your choose Him or yourself? Every choice you make should have God as an option, and ultimately, we should be choosing Him.
Ladies, the point I’m trying to make is that God should always be on your mind. And by keeping Him in the forefront of your thoughts, you will likely live according to His commandments, loving Him and serving Him and coming to know Him more intimately as your relationship with Him grows stronger.
So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4)
Ladies, do you think about God as much as you text?