This month, I want to share some new releases from Hillsong’s Young & Free, Mosaic Church’s MSC in Los Angeles, and Zoe Church, home to pastor Chad Veach (one of Justin Bieber’s mentors). I’ll also include other new releases from popular Christian artists like MercyMe, Lauren Daigle and more for a great end-of-summer mix.
Many of you know I’m a singer-songwriter and worshipper. I led for more than three years at Newport Church in California on the worship team, and also led a kids’ creative team for Hillsong Los Angeles Kids. I love worship and I enjoy songwriting as well. I have a good ear for the next big songs coming up on the Christian charts, so these are also some of my personal faves or songs that are on the top of the charts.
Comment below and let us know your favorites, or connect with me on social media (@christigiven) and let me know if any of these songs impacted you!
1. “Tremble”: MSC first released the song, but Bethel’s Amanda Cook also did a cover on it that was really good. Check out the live acoustic version with lead singer Mariah McManus.
2. “Every Little Thing”: Hillsong’s youth band, Young & Free, also known as Y&F, released its third album, III. One of the new songs is called “Every Little Thing.” It talks about how we worry, but everything will be alright because our lives are in God’s hands.
3. “Be Okay”: Zoe Church in Los Angeles is home to pastors Chad and Julia Veach, celebrity influencers to Hollywood and the region of Los Angeles as a whole. Their church released an EP by Zoe Worship called “Be Okay.” I love the single, titled just that.
4. “Fight for Me”: Gawvi is a hip-hop producer, songwriter and artist who has collaborated with Lecrae and other well-known artists. He just released a song, “Fight for Me,” in the summer of 2018. Check it out below. No matter what, we know that God will never leave us or forsake us, even when people do. Amen?
5. “Grace Got You”: MercyMe released a song, “Grace Got You,” and was nominated for the Christian music fan awards called the KLOVE Fan Awards. We know that God’s grace is sufficient and is always enough. I love the message and title of the song—it is so encouraging and inspiring!
6. “You Say”: Lauren Daigle’s “You Say” was just released in June 2018. I can definitely say that she is one of my all-time favorite artists. She reminds me of an Adele-vocalist-meets-Kari-Jobe-worshipper. Don’t you just love her? Also, she is very funny! You should check out her Instagram page (@laurendaigle) as she posts very funny and authentic videos and posts! She is releasing a new album called Look Up Child, set to be released in September 2018.
7. “How Deep Is the Love”: This song is by far my favorite song off the third album released by the Australian church Hillsong’s youth band, Y&F. The song is led by Aodhan King, a songwriter and worship leader from the band, and the lyrics are so powerful. I love the beats and sound effects behind the vocals, and the production is very good as well! I think you will love this worship song.
8. “Freedom”: Austin French seems like a newer artist who is on the rise. He released his pop single “Freedom,” which is an upbeat modern hymn that deals with the pressures and the push and pull of life. Tune in below and let us know what you think of him and his music!
9. “Highs and Lows”: This is a single off Hillsong Y&F’s new album, III. This song is about how in life there are ups and downs. There are disappointments and victories, but no matter what, God is with us. Amen.
10. “Joy”: For King & Country’s song “Joy” was released in May 2018, and the band was nominated for a Christian fan music award for the 2018 KLOVE Fan Awards as well. I’m happy to hear that the band is releasing new music. The Australian brothers are great musicians and—fun fact—are related to Christian singer Rebecca St. James!
PI Girls, what is YOUR favorite song on the playlist this month? Or who is your favorite band or artist? Comment below!