Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty with…COCONUT OIL!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | June 12, 2013
Ladies, my last natural beauty post was on extra virgin olive oil, so it’s only fitting that this week, I’m focusing on coconut oil. Since they’re both natural oils, they have similar benefits. However, besides the awesome beachy scent of coconut oil, there are some additional beauty treatments you can enjoy with this moisturizing, antioxidant-filled natural product!
Coconut oil is great for the following beauty treatments:
- Add sugar to coconut oil to create an awesome facial scrub, or apply it by itself to skin at night to moisturize and soften the face. You can also add a few drops of melted oil to a cotton ball to remove makeup.
- It’s a great illuminator! Apply to the whole body and/or over makeup on the face for a subtle glow, or just on the cheekbones for enhancement. Plus, it’s a great lip balm and gloss. Just remember: A little goes a long way!
- The antimicrobial elements of coconut oil make it great for moisturizing and strengthening nails and cuticles. It’s a great hand moisturizer and it also helps treat eczema! And for the feet? It not only softens hard areas on the feet, but it treats fungal issues…just massage onto feet at night and cover with socks!
- Mix it with baking soda for an all-natural toothpaste.
- You can make an awesome body scrub, much like the facial scrub above, to exfoliate all over. Or use coconut oil by itself to moisturize the body.
- Treat acne-prone skin by combining coconut oil with baking soda or salt to create a scrub. Rinse with warm water.
- Not that you girls need this tip right now, but you can also use it around the eyes to reduce wrinkles!
- Coconut oil makes a great conditioner. You can apply it to your hair and cover for a few hours, or leave it in overnight. You can also massage it on the ends of your hair to repair damage, or massage it into the scalp to treat dandruff. You even can use it in place of gel or mousse to reduce frizz!
- You can shave with coconut oil–just apply it to your skin. It’s awesome for sensitive skin!
- Heal cuts and scrapes by applying coconut oil! Its antiseptic properties not only help resist infection, but the wound heals faster and it helps reduce scarring.
Coconut oil has so many benefits, so why not replace all those expensive, chemical-filled products with one jar of God’s amazing gift?! Just remember that a little goes a long way, so start off with small amounts–you can always add more if necessary. Oh, and look for the extra virgin kind for best results.
Ladies, did you know that coconut oil was such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways coconut oil can help enhance your natural beauty?
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: