Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty with…BAKING SODA!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | July 3, 2013
Ladies, I hope that you’re enjoying these natural beauty posts as much as I am. Today’s amazing natural product is baking soda!
Baking soda has so many uses, including cleaning and deodorizing. But it’s the beauty treatment qualities that I want to share with you today…I think you’ll be surprised as to how amazing baking soda is!
Baking soda is great for the following beauty treatments:
- It makes a great facial scrub. Just combine baking soda and water to make a paste and apply it to your face. And if you replace the water with lemon juice, you have a great combination for treating blemished skin. Oh, and if you have problems with blackheads, just combine a tablespoon of baking soda with 1/4 cup milk and rub it into your troubled areas daily until treated.
- You can both brush and whiten your teeth with baking soda. Just use it in place of toothpaste. And for a quick mid-day freshener, mix together a mouthwash by combining a teaspoon of baking soda with half a glass of water.
- Hair’s greasy but you’re in a rush? No worries…create an awesome dry shampoo! Just flip your hair upside down and add baking soda from the roots to the tips (just not on the scalp). Flip your hair back and brush the baking soda out. You also can mix baking soda with your shampoo to remove buildup from styling products.
- Soften your cuticles by exfoliating them with a baking soda/water paste. You can also soften your hands in the same way.
- Create a gentle body scrub with baking soda and water.
- Soften your feet by exfoliating with the baking soda scrub described above, or simply soak your feet in a tub of warm water and baking soda.
- Looking to neutralize body odor naturally? You can apply baking soda to your underarms as a deodorant.
Baking soda is a common ingredient in any pantry, so take advantage of its many beauty benefits!
Ladies, did you know that baking soda was such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways baking soda can help enhance your natural beauty?
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: