Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty With…Banana!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | July 19, 2014
Hey ladies, this week’s natural beauty treatment may be a difficult one to follow through with if you love bananas. But if you can get past peeling them without eating them, or mashing them without turning them into banana bread, you may find banana to be a pretty great natural beauty product. Check this out!
Banana contains antioxidants, natural oils and manganese, which help in maintaining youthful skin. Its high water content helps to hydrate the skin and its vitamin A content helps repair and restore. Additionally, the vitamin C and B6 found in banana are great for skin’s elasticity.
Banana is great for the following beauty treatments:
- Moisturize your skin. Simply mash a banana and apply it to your face. Leave it on for 25 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Pat your skin dry.
- Create a face mask that will brighten your complexion. Add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to a mashed banana. Apply to the skin and leave on for 25 minutes, then wash off with warm water. This treatment is also great for reducing signs of blemishes.
- Remove dead skin with a rejuvenating face scrub. Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with a mashed banana and apply to the face in a circular motion. Rinse off with warm water.
- Soothe and treat puffy eyes. Apply banana peel to the areas around the eyes and leave on for 25 minutes. Then wash the area with cool water. You should notice an immediate difference!
- Moisturize dry hair with a hair mask. Add 3 tablespoons of honey to a mashed banana and apply to wet hair. Leave in for 20 minutes before continuing with your normal wash. This treatment will nourish your hair and leave it healthy and shiny!
- Soften cracked heels. Just mash up 2 bananas and apply to the troubled areas. This treatment will leave your heels feeling soft.
Ladies, did you know that banana was such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways banana can help enhance your natural beauty?