Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty with…Coffee!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | December 26, 2013
Ladies, this week’s natural beauty product may be a surprise. But the great thing about it is that it’s readily available, especially if your folks drink freshly brewed coffee in the morning. Yes! It’s coffee.
It’s the caffeine and antioxidants in coffee that make it an awesome beauty treatment…so don’t waste those used coffee grounds!
Coffee can be used in the following beauty treatments:
- Exfoliate dead skin by creating a coffee face scrub. Just take used–and cooled!–coffee grounds and rub directly onto your skin in circles. The caffeine in the coffee will energize tired skin and leave it looking fresh and youthful.
- Reduce puffy eyes by wrapping cold coffee grounds in wet paper towels and applying them to your eyes. Leave on for 20 minutes and you will notice a fresher look!
- Moisturize skin with a body oil made from a mix of olive oil and used coffee grounds. After showering and drying off, rub it onto your skin, allow the grounds to dry and brush off.
- Promote hair growth by applying cold-brewed coffee to your scalp and roots. Massage in and leave in for awhile before washing your hair as usual.
- Enhance your dark hair by coloring it naturally with strongly brewed coffee. Just soak coffee into your hair, cover with a shower cap and leave it in for a bit. Wash as usual and notice a darker, richer color with a healthy shine.
Ladies, did you know that coffee was such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways it can help enhance your natural beauty?