Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty with…LEMONS!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | May 15, 2013
They taste great in sorbets, drinks and squeezed on fish, but ladies, did you know that lemons also make for an inexpensive and effective beauty product?
It’s true! Lemons are great for the following beauty treatments:
- Drinking water with a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice is great for detoxing the body and creating a healthy, hydrated look.
- They’re great for your complexion. Consider using them to remove blackheads by rubbing half a lemon over troubled areas like an exfoliator. Or create a natural toner by dipping a cotton ball into some juice and applying it at night. Diluted lemon juice is also great for clearing up acne.
- Add shine to your hair by mixing a few drops of lemon to water and applying it. Remember to rinse with clean water to avoid lightening your hair. If you want to create some highlights, mix one part lemon and three parts water and rinse into your hair. The sunshine will do the rest!
- Soften and lighten knees and elbows by rubbing half a lemon directly to them and follow five minutes later by gently exfoliating with a pumice stone. You can also lighten under your arms in the same way. Don’t forget to rinse when you’re done.
- Whiten yellowing nails by rubbing them with fresh lemons.
If your skin is sensitive to the acidity of lemons, you can dilute with water. Additionally, because of the lemon’s bleaching qualities, you should always isolate treatment to troubled areas.
God has blessed us with amazing products of nature, so let’s take advantage of them!
Ladies, did you know that lemons are such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways lemons help enhance your natural beauty?
More Stories Like This on Project Inspired: