Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty with…Oranges!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | February 8, 2014
Hey ladies! Do you love oranges? Well, the next time you enjoy a fresh orange, don’t throw away the peel. Instead, consider using it for your next beauty treatment. Yes, really!
Oranges are rich in vitamins A and C, citric acid, flavonoids, dietary fiber and other nutrients that treat and nourish the skin and hair. And the antioxidants found in oranges fight free radicals, promoting a youthful complexion.
Oranges can be used in the following beauty treatments:
- Treat acne and blemishes by creating a face mask. Just grate and grind orange peel into a paste and apply it to your face. Not only will this dry out your acne, but the bleaching agent in oranges will lighten dark spots and blemishes caused by acne.
- Unclog pores and reduce excess oil with an orange peel wash. Again, grate orange peel and add it to water to create a paste. Apply it to your face in circles, rinse it off with water and dab your face dry.
- Create a toner with orange peel by simply pouring boiling water over the peel. Allow it to set overnight and then strain out the peel the next morning. Dab some of the remaining liquid onto your face with a cotton ball and allow it to dry. You also can pour the toner into a spray bottle and spritz it onto your face for a radiant and firm complexion.
- Refine pores with orange ice cubes. Just pour fresh orange juice into ice cube trays, then once frozen, wrap a cube in a paper towel so that the cold is not too harsh on your skin. Gently rub it onto your face. This treatment also controls oil and rejuvenates the skin.
- Condition your hair with orange juice. After shampooing and rinsing your hair, just add a spoonful of honey to freshly squeezed orange juice and massage it into your scalp and throughout your hair. Leave it in for 10 minutes before rinsing. Not only will this treatment nourish and strengthen your hair, but it also will promote hair growth.
- Reduce dandruff with orange infused water. Simply make infused water in the same way as described in the toner mix above, and then pour it over your hair.
Ladies, did you know that oranges were such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways they can help enhance your natural beauty?