Beauty & Fashion
Enhance Your Natural Beauty With…Strawberries!
Written by T.M. Gaouette | August 9, 2014
With summer peaking, I’m sure your many uses for strawberries include blending them into a smoothie or topping a sundae with them, right? But what about smearing them on your face and hair? Not kidding!
The alpha hydroxy acid in strawberries makes them a great exfoliator. Strawberries also promote youthful skin and are rich in salicylic acid, so they help treat troubled and blemished skin.
Strawberries are great for the following beauty treatments:
- Treat oily skin with a strawberry face mask. Just mix seven mashed strawberries with a couple tablespoons of honey and apply to the face. Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing off and gently dabbing dry.
- Reduce puffiness from under the eyes. Thinly slice strawberries and place onto troubled areas.
- Treat acne with a fresh strawberry mask. Mix seven mashed strawberries with 1 tablespoon of milk. Apply to the face and leave on for 10 minutes. You should repeat this treatment twice a week to see results.
- Whiten your teeth with strawberries. Simply mash it up and brush directly onto your teeth. You can also add a little baking soda to the mix.
- Exfoliate dead skin with a body scrub. Mix about 12 ripe strawberries with a teaspoon each of olive oil and sugar. Apply to the body in circular motion and then wash off.
- Add shine to dull hair with a strawberry conditioning hair mask. Mix about seven mashed ripe strawberries with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Apply to the hair and massage into the scalp. Cover with a plastic wrap and top that with a warm towel. Leave in for 20 minutes and then rinse.
- Soften hard skin on the feet with a soothing foot scrub. Mix about 10 ripe strawberries with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Rub onto the feet, especially troubled areas, and leave on for five minutes. Rinse off and dab feet dry before moisturizing.
Ladies, did you know that strawberries were such a great beauty product? Do you know of any other ways strawberries can help enhance your natural beauty?