Beauty & Fashion
Finding Your Signature Style
Written by Julie Partin | November 20, 2014
Your “signature style” is your personal brand. Maybe you’re still exploring different looks and love to change it up—that’s great, too! We’ve rounded up some looks here to give you fashion inspiration!
Not sure what your signature style is? Here are a few quick ways to find out:
- Look through your social media profile pictures. What’s your look in most of the pictures? The photos you choose as your profile pictures are your favorite snaps of yourself, so you probably feel great in that style.
- Think of the last five to ten clothing or accessory purchases you made. Notice a pattern?
- What is your favorite outfit—the one you have to stop yourself from wearing every single day?
- What are your favorite stores and the types of clothes they typically sell?
- What celebrities do you always think look great?
- What are your favorite types of events to get ready for? Youth group? Concerts? Formal occasions?
Below are some examples of different looks.
Casual: You love comfort and practicality. Shoes you can walk in all day, and outfits that will work no matter the weather or activity.
Hipster: Earthy and modern, you love your look to reflect your artistic side.
Vintage: You would rather spend extra on an item from a consignment shop or thrift store than buy something new. You prefer classic looks and old-school beauty.
Glam: You love feminine chic and dressing up. You feel best when you are polished and wearing a little sparkle.
Professional: Your looks are tailored and mature. You invest in quality pieces and feel confident that you could wear most of your outfits to church, work and interviews.
Fashionista: You love to read up on the latest trends and styles. You like to experiment with new brands and to have your fashion always evolving.
Sporty: You’re into action and functionality. Whether you work out a lot or just love flexibility and activewear, tennis shoes and exercise gear are your thing.
Edgy: Whatever you feel like wearing, you do. You don’t like wearing a uniform and get a kick out of expressing yourself with your outfit.
Urban: You love bright colors and fun streetwear. At any moment you want to be able to quickly walk a city block and maybe even break into a dance battle.
Did any of these looks jump out at you right away? Do you know your signature style?
What is your signature style?
Like what you’ve read here? Well, Nicole’s BRAND NEW book is up for pre-order and contains so much more of this. Pre-Order today and receive some fun FREE gifts!