6 Important Questions You Need To Answer
Written by Nicole | March 8, 2011
The most important relationship that you need to focus on in your life is the one with God, and with yourself. In order to achieve and maximize your full potential to reach your goals, you need to understand yourself so you can realize your strengths and weaknesses. Here is a list of questions to ask yourself so you can be the best you possible!
1. What makes you truly happy? Is it walking your dog? Watching movies? Writing in your journal? Identifying these things creates your hobbies. I really like taking pictures and them putting them into albums, and writing.
2. What are your core values? Is your love for traveling strong? Will your future boyfriend be an animal person like you are? Do you want to wait for marriage to have sex? Figuring out what is important to you makes you a stronger person, and helps you develop into who you are. I have a light-hearted sense of humour, so it’s perfect that my boyfriend does too and knows how to laugh even at the small things!
3. Have you dropped the “L” bomb…with yourself? This sounds easier than it really is, and us girls know that. Make a list of only your positive traits that make you wonderful, and don’t focus on the things you can’t change.
4. Have you traced your family tree before? This is always interesting. You could be related to someone well known in history, you might realize you’re half-Italian, the list goes on. If you know your family roots and your ancestry, it helps you understand yourself and why you’re the way you are. My mom was adopted when she was a baby so I don’t know who my maternal grandparents are, but I want to find out in the future!
5. What are you really thinking? I can’t rave enough about how important it is to keep a journal, or if you don’t want to do that- make a list of what’s troubling you, and check each one off as you handle the problem if it’s manageable. If you have a goal about something, or you’re in a fight with a friend: Getting it down on paper helps you focus your thoughts so you can figure out the best solution.
6. Have you come to terms with your past? Too many people get hung up on past issues, what they could of done better, or didn’t do. Accept with what you perceived as wrong, and learn from that mistake and tell yourself you will try to do differently in the future. There are many things I wish I could of done better or did, like go to college right away- but the experiences I had instead such as modeling and getting the chance to travel to places I hadn’t been before, worked out for the best. So don’t let your past control your future!