As some of you may know, there are several booming businesses that have a Christian background and foundation.Some of my favorite places to shop and eat have Christian founders or meaning behind them!
Here some top companies with purpose:
- Chick-fil-A: Chick-fil-A is known for being closed on Sundays to observe the Sabbath and to honor the day of the Lord.
Our founder, Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. He has often shared that his decision was as much practical as spiritual. He believes that all franchised Chick-fil-A Operators and their Restaurant employees should have an opportunity to rest, spend time with family and friends, and worship if they choose to do so. That’s why all Chick-fil-A Restaurants are closed on Sundays. It’s part of our recipe for success (Chickfila.com).
- In–N–Out Burger: The high–quality burgers are wrapped in paper printed with a scripture, and if you peek under an In-N-Out cup, you may find “John 3:16” or other scripture verses written around the rim.
- Forever 21: We have shared the wonderful scripture t-shirts Forever 21 offers. In addition to selling inspiring attire, the company shares the scripture “John 3:16” on the bottom of its bright yellow shopping bags.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believe in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16).
- TOMS Shoes: While not a Christian company, TOMS displays the Christian value of charity with every pair of shoes it sells. Founder Blake Mycoskie decided that with every pair purchased, the company would give a pair to a child in need.
Watch the video to see how TOMS got started.
- GodTube: Yes, the site is a modern Christian video site similar to “YouTube!” GodTube holds a variety of inspiring videos, sermons, music videos and more.
Godtube.com is a video sharing platform offering online Christian videos with faith-based, family friendly content. Popular video sections on GodTube include; Christian bands and singers in Christian music videos, Christian comedians and comedy skits, spoofs and parodies in funny videos, cute videos featuring kids and animals, sports videos, Christian news videos and inspirational videos. Be inspired in your walk with Jesus Christ and grow in your knowledge of the Bible with videos highlighting inspirational messages and verses (Godtube.com).
Clearly, these businesses have put God first and serving others as a priority. Most have committed to sharing not only high-quality products, but also the good news!
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed (Proverbs 16:3).
What’s your favorite inspiring company?