We’ve always heard that you need your beauty sleep. When you don’t get enough, it’s unhealthy for your immune system which can make you more prone to getting sick, along with causing under eye circles and dull skin. Here are five little tips that will help you get to bed, so you can look your best and kick butt the next day!
1. Go to bed a little earlier each night! For four nights in a row, try your best to get into bed 15 minutes earlier than the night before. (If you usually go to bed at 12 on Monday, try 11:45 on Tuesday, and so on.) That way, you’ll train your body to go to bed at an earlier time so you can feel more rested. I’m a late-night person and often like to do a lot of work in the evening, but remembering this little tip helps me get into a routine so I don’t stay up too late.
2. Cut out the caffeine! It’s often easy to grab a coffee in the late afternoon to help you stay charged throughout the day, but if you want a restful night sleep it’s best to cut out all coffee, and sodas (yes even diet!) until 2 pm. I try to remember this tip because it’s too easy for me to grab a Coke Zero at anytime of the day because I love it so much.
3. Turn off the TV and get off Facebook! Try and shut off the computer at least 45 minutes before you go to bed, it’s too tempting to stay online surfing the internet and watching random TV. It’s much more soothing getting into bed, and reading a good book to help you wind down after a long day. I make sure I have an interesting book I’m into, so I look forward to getting into bed.
4. Don’t hit the snooze button! If you get in a repeated habit of sleeping in, it only makes you feel more drowsy throughout the day. Plus, think of how much more accomplished you’ll feel if you wake up and have extra time! I try to remember that when it’s hard to get up in the morning sometimes.
5. Get some light! As soon as you wake up, try and get some sunshine for at least 15 minutes, it will help you feel more energized about the day. I do my makeup near a window, so I can get the morning light in. It helps me get ready to take on the day!