Every week, I go through the “Girl Talk” section of Project Inspired and look for those seeking advice and council. I want to help answer some questions you may have about living out your Christian life and walk of faith! We want PI to be a safe place where you can ask questions.
This week, a PI reader asked, “Is God even there?” (Read the entire question here!) Girls, this week, let’s discuss faith, fear and doubt. I hope this encourages you!
Do you ever feel scared of the future, uncertain or doubtful of what God’s Word says? Do you feel like the waves in life are getting too high and that fear is overtaking you? I want to remind you the power of faith and how it moves mountains.
God spoke about faith so much in the Bible and how it is impossible to please Him without it. We cannot claim what we believe without hoping and believing in the uncertain. We know God is real. He always comes through, but sometimes He works in mysterious ways or in ways we don’t expect.
Let’s see what the Bible says about doubt and fear.
But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt because he who doubts is like the waves of the sea blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).
For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).
We know that sometimes it may feel like we are holding on for dear life by faith, but remember that God is on your side. He loves you, He knows how you are feeling and what season you are in. Remember, He fights for you! (Exodus 14:14.) God said, “All things are possible…,” but there is a pre-condition, “…for those who BELIEVE.”
What do you mean, ‘If I can’?’ Jesus asked. ‘Anything is possible if a person believes’ (Mark 9:23).
Your faith is like a shield. Faith is our protection from the fiery darts, the lies of the enemy and the fear of the world. We may see a spiritual battle warring against us or our faith may be tested but remember, THE VICTORY IS ALREADY WON! Amen!
You may be going through a hard season, but take heart and remember God is FAITH-FUL. When you have FAITH, He is FAITH-FUL. God is so good! Let us always rejoice and thank Him in the good, the bad and the plentiful or dry seasons.
Try these six steps to help you overcome your fear and doubt:
1. Cast down any thought that does not align itself or represent the truth. Stand on the Word of God!
2. Walk in faith and BELIEVE. Walk by FAITH, not by sight.
- Remember, God is always working behind the scenes. He does not operate in time but in the eternal, and He never sleeps. Trust He is at work!
3. Ask God to help your unbelief. Ask, seek, knock.
4. Remember, the battle is already won! Stay positive.
5. Look to Jesus. Peter sank when he doubted Jesus was on the water, but when he believed, he was victorious. Fix your eyes on the Savior.
6. Listen to worship or uplifting music; music changes your attitude.
I pray this encourages you and gives you hope, PI readers!
Do you have any tips for when you feel like your faith is failing or when you start to doubt? Comment below! We love you!