How to Deal With Pain and Loss in Life
Written by Christi Given | July 2, 2016
Every week, I go through the “Girl Talk” section of Project Inspired and look for those seeking advice and counsel. I want to help answer some questions you may have about living out your Christian life and walk of faith! We want PI to be a safe place where you can ask questions. Contact me @ChristiGiven.
This week, a PI Girl was discussing the loss of her family member, and how to deal with grief, sadness and death. There are so many seasons in life, but the times when there is loss can be the most difficult. I wanted to address how to deal with this type of pain, and wanted to give some Bible verses on how to handle this type of grief, and how we can all be assured that the Lord is near when we are brokenhearted.
Click here to join the Girl Talk forum or to read the full post.
Below are 10 Bible verses to hold onto when you feel like you can’t go on or you are in distress. Know that you are NOT alone and that you have the Project Inspired community, as well as the body of Christ (connect to your youth group). You also have your family, friends and, of course, God, who never leaves you!
10 Bible Verses to Read When Experiencing Loss or Grief
1. Psalm 34:18: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
2. Psalm 34:4-5: “I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”
3. Isaiah 61:1: “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted…”
4. Psalm 147:3: “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
5. 2 Corinthians 5:7: “…for we walk by faith, not by sight…”
6. 1 Peter 5:7: “…casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
7. Psalm 73:26: “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
8. Matthew 11:28: “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.”
9. Isaiah 61:3: “…provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.”
10. Revelation 21:4: “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
I also encourage you to listen to this worship song by Aaron Shust called “My Hope Is in You.”
PI Girls, what do YOU do when you are going through deep grief and loss?