Project Inspired started a group specifically for the Girl Talk questions, which typically come from the Girl Talk chat wall on Facebook.
Click here to safely join our chat group.
This week, a PI Girl posted that she doesn’t know what to do because she feels she is in a very dark place and the enemy keeps attacking her. She also feels like she can’t make anyone proud anymore.
There are many Bible verses about being rescued from the darkness to the light and the pit to the palace. We all go through different seasons—sometimes we are in wilderness seasons and sometimes we are in abundant seasons.
I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. (Ezekiel 34:26)
I want to help you navigate these different seasons by giving you some scriptures to read during these chapters of life. I want to give you some worship recommendations as well. Worship, prayer, the Word and fellowship are so key when going through a hard time. Make sure you stay connected to God and the true power source when you feel like you are under attack (Ephesians 6:11, John 15:5).
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
When we feel like we are in darkness or can’t take any more trials, we need to turn to Jesus and read the Word of God. We need to stay prayed up and clothe ourselves with the full armor of God so we can withstand the enemies’ schemes. Below are 10 scriptures that can encourage you during times of darkness, doubt, pain, fear or hopelessness.
10 Bible Verses to Read When You Feel You’re in Darkness
1. 1 Peter 5:7 – “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
2. Ephesians 5:8 – “…for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light.”
3. John 8:12 – “Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, ‘I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.'”
4. Psalm 40:2 – “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.”
5. 1 Peter 5:8,9 – “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.”
6. Ephesians 6:11 – “But on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”
7. Acts 26:18 – “…to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.”
8. James 4:7 – “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
9. John 10:10 – “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
10. Galatians 5:1 – “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.”
10 Worship Songs to Build Your Faith
Here are some worship songs to listen to when you feel you’re being attacked by the enemy and need to build up your hope and your faith.
1. “Cornerstone” – Hillsong
2. “My Hope Is in You” – Aaron Shust
3. “You Are More” – Tenth Avenue North
4. “I Am Not Alone” – Kari Jobe
5. “Say the Word” – Hillsong United
6. “Don’t Waste Your Life” – Lecrae
7. “Lost Get Found” – Britt Nicole
8. “Who I Am” – Blanca
9. “I Choose Jesus” – Moriah Peters
10. “Prince of Peace” – Hillsong United
PI Girls, what do you do when you feel like you can’t handle any more trials? What do you do when your faith seems low?