Ladies, Christmas is the season for giving. But what if you don’t have the money to donate to others? Don’t worry! There are so many things that you may already have that others need. And remember, donating can also include giving your time.
Following is a list of 10 charities that offer opportunities for non-cash donations.
1. The Salvation Army. Have some extra things you no longer need? Donate them to the Salvation Army, which accepts clothes, toys, furniture and other goods.
2. Goodwill. Here’s another opportunity to donate clothing, appliances, electronics and furniture. Goodwill resells some of your items and uses the proceeds to help those who are less fortunate.
3. Catholic Charities USA. As one of the largest charities in the world, Catholic Charities does a huge amount in supporting the needy in so many capacities. Check with your local Catholic Charities to see if you can volunteer your time in a community program.
4. Your church. Churches are a great place to donate your time! Find out if there’s something you can do to support your church and community.
5. Local food bank/food kitchen. If you’re interested in helping out the homeless in your community, contact a local food bank or food kitchen to volunteer.
6. American Red Cross. Donate clothes, household goods and your time to relief operations.
7. Locks of Love. Do you have really long hair…at least 10 inches? Well, if you’re looking to cut it, consider donating it to a child suffering from hair loss due to illness.
8. The Lions Club. Have old or extra eyeglasses kicking around? How about donating them to those who need them? All you have to do is drop them off in a Lions-sponsored collections box near you!
9. Toys for Tots. ‘Tis the season, and unfortunately, there are many kids who won’t be getting a gift this Christmas. If you have toys still in their packages, you can donate them to Toys for Tots.
10. Coupons for Military. Do your folks coupon? Donate expired coupons to military families. Seriously! Military persons are eligible to use expired coupons for a short time, so don’t toss them out!
“Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.” (Proverbs 19:17 )
Remember: Before giving anything to a charity, make sure that you are familiar with its programs and that it is a credible association.
Ladies, do you give or volunteer your time to a specific charity? What are you doing to help others this Christmas season? Comment below!